A permanent 100 % position as Senior Consultant is available at the Department of Cardiology, Clinic of Medicine, Oslo University Hospital Ullevål.
The position is affiliated with a permanent part time position as Professor II SKO 1013 (20 % position)/Associate Professor SKO 1011 in Medicine (Cardiology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Oslo University Hospital is a workplace with great diversity. We believe this is a key quality to perform the tasks required of us. Therefor, we pursue diversity also among our job applicants and encourage everyone to apply regardless of who you are and what background you have.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at Oslo University Hospital Ullevål:
The Department of Cardiology Ullevål consists of an Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (13 beds), a cardiac bed ward (28 beds) accommodating a coronary care unit, a center for echocardiography, a center for arrythmias and cardiac device implantations, a section for research and development, and an outpatient clinic. The Department is one of the largest centers in Norway for primary PCI for STEMI (800 primary PCIs every year), and the largest center in Norway for cardiac device implantations and for cardiac device lead extractions.
The clinical responsibilities will be detailed individually, but comprise approx. 3 workdays per week according to the agreement between Oslo University Hospital and the University of Oslo for professor II.
The clinical activities will include:
- Participation in the ordinary clinical work at the department
- Research and development integrated in the clinical activites
- Education of medical students and supervision of specialist cadidates
- Certified spescialist in cardiology in Norway
- Good theoretical and clinical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills in Norwegian or Scandinavian language
- Senior Consultant position ability to be acting team ledarship
- Good cooperation skills, engagement and flexibility
- Good working capasity
We can offer
- An inclusive and dynamic working enviroment
- A high level og medical expertise
- Well established and well-functioning schemes for combined position as professor
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/ledige-stillinger/stillingsbeskrivelser/2023-21572-description-of-position-cardiology.pdf
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and upload the documents as PDF files in Webcruiter
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Professor II as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
For both the senior consultant position and Professor II position, please contact:
Sigrun Halvorsen, Head of Department of Cardiology, Oslo University Hospital Ullevål,
and University of Oslo
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tone Tverfjell, email@example.com