About the position
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
The University of Oslo (UiO) is Norway's oldest research and educational institution with 28 000 students and 7 000 employees. Professional breadth and internationally recognized research environments make UiO an important contributor to society. The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1814 and is Norway's oldest medical faculty. The Faculty works for progressive education, research and dissemination for the patients’ and society’s best interests. It is organized into three basic units and has approximately 1 500 employees (about 1 000 work years) and about 2 000 students.
A permanent position as Senior Consultant (100%) in Dermatology is available at the unit of Dermatology, Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, in Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, Oslo University Hospital. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Professor II/Associate Professor (SKO8013/SKO 1011) (20 % position) in Medicine (Dermatology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions. Estimated start date early autumn 2024.
Oslo University Hospital is a workplace with great diversity. We believe this is absolutely crucial to solving the tasks required of us. We therefore want this diversity to be reflected among the applicants for our positions and encourage everyone to apply regardless of who you are and what background you have.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at the unit of Dermatology. Oslo University Hospital (OUH):
The main position is as senior consultant at the Unit of Dermatology. The Unit has fourteen senior consultant positions and twelve resident positions, and consists of a large out-patient clinic and patient ward with twelve beds. Patients admitted to our unit present the whole range of skin diseases with emphasis on complex and severe disease presentations. We are the sole dermatology hospital in-patient unit in South-East Norway and receive patients from the whole region. The Unit collaborates with several other units, including Unit of Clinical Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Unit of Rheumatology and Department of plastic surgery.
The research activity is focused on inflammatory skin diseases, skin cancer and rare skin diseases. The holder of the position is expected to perform research activity related to these focus areas, preferably based on a translational approach combining relevant clinical and experimental methodologies.
Short description of the position’s work tasks:
Qualification requirements – education and relevant personal qualities:
- Participate in routine clinical activities, including service in both out-patient and in-patient units.
- Participate in the on-call duty.
- Specified clinical tasks allocated to the position will depend upon the position holder's clinical expertise and the department`s clinical responsibilities and needs.
- Supervise and teach residents and other members of the staff,
- Contribute to improve the management and quality of care within the department.
- Contribute to maintain and develop a highly qualified research environment.
We can offer:
- The applicant must possess a Norwegian specialist accreditation in Dermatology and venereology.
- The applicant must have general up-to-date clinical experience at hospital level within the field of Dermatology.
- In-depth clinical experience in relevant subdomains of dermatology.
- The applicant must have a substantial and relevant scientific background within the fields of skin inflammation, dermato-oncology or rare skin diseases.
- The applicant must have a strong commitment to contribute to the ongoing and future research activities in line with the department’s research strategy.
- Comprehensive skills in clinical supervision, multidisciplinary clinical work and clinical quality improvement.
- Documented language skills in Norwegian (or a compatible Scandinavian language) is required. Applicant must be able to inform and communicate with
- Norwegian-speaking patients.
- Patient management requires empathic communication skills at a high level towards patients and their families.
- Strong collaborative and social skills.
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
- Good opportunities for professional development in a stimulating working environment
- Work with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a university hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialties.
- Interesting and demanding clinical work
- Dynamic, friendly and highly competent working environment
- Opportunity for integration between clinical work and research
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/ledige-stillinger/stillingsbeskrivelser/2023-19664-description-of-position-dermatology.pdf
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
Please scan and send the documents as one PDF file (maximum 10MB)
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
. See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
For the Senior Consultant position: Jorunn Hagen Rønsen, Head of Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, OUH. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: +47 23072376.
For the Professor II/Associate professor position: Olav Sundnes, senior consultant and Associate professor, Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, OUH/Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +47 23072892
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to HR advisor at Institute of Clinical Medicine, Andreas Hessen Solheim.
E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: +47 22859243