Relating the main position:
The Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery at Akershus University Hospital is one of the country's largest specialty departments within gastroenterological surgery. The department has 17 senior consultant positions, of which 2 are combined with a professor II position and a professor 1 position. The department has an active research environment in both basic and clinical research. The department has extensive elective activities within colorectal surgery, anoproctology, biliary surgery, and hernia treatment. Ahus is one of two centers in Helse Sør-East HF that will carry out operative treatment of cancer ventriculi. The pelvic center at AHUS is an interdisciplinary forum for difficult disorders of the pelvic floor and pelvic organs, and several of the department's doctors have a prominent role there. The department has a large day surgery and outpatient activity. The bed posts are organized into two bed areas with a total of 57 beds. We have day surgery operations at Ahus Gardermoen, which include operative operations and an outpatient clinic. Akershus University Hospital is a workplace with great diversity. Diversity is a clear strength and crucial to solving our many tasks in patient treatment, patient follow-up, research, and teaching. We therefore also want a diversity of applicants for vacant positions and encourage all qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, gender, identity or background. The department employee must be prepared to take part in the activities at Ahus Gardermoen on an agreed-upon daily basis.
Regarding the part-time (20 %) academic position:
- Authorization and medical license issued by the Norwegian Directorate of Health
- Certified qualifications in the specialty of Digestive surgery issued by the Norwegian Directorate of Health, this includes qualifications and willingness to fill the role as on-duty senior physician
- Senior physicians in the department participate in weekend duty every seventh week as well as going rounds and see outpatients
- Foreign applicants may apply, with the requirement that they obtain Norwegian medical authorisation and certification in the specialty of Digestive surgery and/or General surgery before joining the position
- Applicants must speak Norwegian, Swedish or Danish to be capable to communicate with the patients in the ward/outpatient clinic
- Hold a strong record in research within Digestive surgery with on-going research activity
- Applicants must have good cooperative and communication skills
- Experience within advanced anoproctology is preferred
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position, please see: Microsoft Word - Stillingsbeskrivelse (uio.no)
Interpersonal skills and the ability to create an attractive research environment, plans for research and ambitions relating to the applicant's personal teaching practice will be emphasized. The successful applicant will participate in teaching of medical students at the University of Oslo. As a main rule, interviews will be held and references collected. Applicants may also be required to give a trial lecture.
Application for the academic part-time position must include:
- A cover letter and CV.
- Complete list of publications.
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please submit in full text).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate.
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills.
- Other relevant qualifications.
Please, scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 10 MB)
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/english/about/vacancies/procedures/
Reference number: 2023/16967
HR- Officer in charge Maren Retterstøl Olaisen, Institute of Clinical Medicine (questions regarding the academic application) +47 228 50 545