The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a vacant position as Professor II/Associate Professor (20 %) of Orthopaedic surgery. The part-time
academic position is combined with a full-time (100%) senior consultant position in orthopaedic surgery at Akershus University Hospital, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Relating the main position:
Orthopaedic clinic is a local and area unit for approximately 600,000 inhabitants. Our main tasks are patient treatment, research, teaching and patient education. Besides being one of the largest emergency orthopaedic units in Norway, we offer elective orthopaedic treatments in all disciplines.
Research is part of our core business and aims to strengthen the quality of our treatment offer. Therefore, our research is closely integrated with the clinical part of the business and focuses on diseases/injuries that affect large patient groups. Innovation that springs from research is also an important focus area. Our 3D- lab facilitates several projects and prepares us to face the future.
By appointment, 40 % of the senior consultant position is expected to be used for research and teaching.
Regarding the part-time (20 %) academic position:
- Authorization and medical license issued by the Norwegian Directorate of Health
- Certified qualifications in the specialty of Orthopaedic surgery issued by the Norwegian Directorate of Health, this includes qualifications and willingness to fill the role as on-duty senior physician
- Foreign applicants may apply, with the requirement that they obtain Norwegian medical authorisation and certification in the specialty of Orthopaedic surgery before joining the position
- Applicants must speak Norwegian, Swedish or Danish to be capable to communicate with the patients in the clinic
- Hold a strong record in research within Orthopaedic surgery with on-going research activity
- Applicants must have good cooperative and communication skills
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position, please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/ledige-stillinger/stillingsbeskrivelser/2022-47793-description-of-position-orthopaedic-surgery.pdf
Interpersonal skills and the ability to create an attractive research environment, plans for research and ambitions relating to the applicant's personal teaching practice will be emphasized. The successful applicant will participate in teaching of medical students at the University of Oslo. As a main rule, interviews will be held and references collected. Applicants may also be required to give a trial lecture.
Application for the academic part-time position must include:
Please, scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 10 MB)
- A cover letter and CV.
- Complete list of publications.
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please submit in full text).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate.
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills.
- Other relevant qualifications.
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/english/about/vacancies/procedures/
HR- Officer in charge Maren Retterstøl Olaisen, Institute of Clinical Medicine (questions regarding the academic application) e-mail email@example.com