Full time position as Senior Consultant (100 % position) at Department of Microbiology, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, Ullevål combined with Professor II /Associate Professor 20% position in medicine (medical microbiology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20.000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
The University of Oslo (UiO) is Norway's largest research and educational institution with 28 000 students and 7 000 employees. Professional breadth and internationally recognized research environments make UiO an important contributor to society. The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1814 and is Norway's oldest medical faculty. The Faculty works for progressive education, research
and dissemination for the patients’ and society’s best interests. It is
organized into three basic units and has approximately 1 500 employees (about 1 000 work years) and about 2 000 students.
The Department of Microbiology is localized at both Rikshospitalet and Ullevål Hospital sites with integrated clinical and University functions. It is organized in eight sections for Bacteriology, Molecular diagnostics virology and serology, Research, Development, Control and Production, Medicine, Specimen reception, and Quality, IT and management support. At present, 14 senior consultants in medical microbiology and 9 junior doctors are employed in the department.
The department serves Oslo University Hospitals and the other hospitals in Oslo and Norway, as well as general practitioners in the Oslo area. In addition, serological infection control is performed on blood donors and transplantation donors. The department performs a broad range of diagnostic assays within bacteriology, mycology, virology, parasitology and serology, with approx. 1,5 million analyses per year including several national diagnostic reference functions.
The department has a broad research activity focusing on genome stability, DNA repair, epigenetics, and cell signaling in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell systems as well as microbial pathogenesis, AMR and translational research in patients with infectious diseases.
For further information, please see the Department webpage
Positions work task
The full-time (100%) Senior Consultant position at the Department of Microbiology, Oslo University Hospital is combined with a part-time adjunct professorship (20%).
The position as Senior Consultant will be at the Section of Bacteriology at Ullevål Hospital. The candidate is required to engage in the daily diagnostic routine work at the bacteriology laboratory:
Qualification requirements - education and relevant personal qualities
- Assessment and hands-on reading of samples in bacteriology and mycology
- Assessment and validation of microbiology reports
- Microbiological and antibiotics guidance of clinicians including participation in multidisciplinary meetings
- Responsibility for internal procedures and guidelines
- Training of junior doctors in medical microbiology
- Optional participation in the doctors´ on-call duty system
- Approved specialist in medical microbiology
- Experience in the field of bacteriology is emphasized
- Competence in the field of antimicrobial resistance is desirable
- Applicants must have good knowledge of Norwegian, Swedish or Danish, both in writing and orally
- Certificate of good conduct (if needed)
- Good cooperation skills/team player
- Flexible and positive
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
- An active work environment with many professional challenges based on a very varied range of samples from hospitals (OUS-Ullevål, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, Lovisenberg Hospital), hospital outpatient clinics and health services outside hospitals.
- The Department is equipped with modern and advanced instruments.
- Salary by agreement
- An employer participating in the Agreement on Inclusive Working Conditions.
- Appointment takes place on the terms stated at all times in the applicable laws, collective agreements and regulations.
- Membership in a pension scheme is mandatory.
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/jobb/stillingsbeskrivelser/2019-11659-stillingsbeskrivelse-medisinsk-mikrobiologi.pdf
Application for the Senior Consultant position are required to use WebCruiter
Application for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate, http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 2 MB / file).
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
Contact persons the Associate professor position:
Professor Fredik Müller, Department of Microbiology, UiO, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Karoline Berg-Eriksen, e-mail: Karoline.email@example.com. (Enquiries about the application process)