Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
The Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, was established in 1814 and is Norway's oldest medical faculty. The Faculty of Medicine comprises three institutes, of which The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is the largest. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 distributed over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
A permanent position as Senior Consultant (Dermatologist
) is available at the Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, in Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, Oslo University Hospital. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Associate Professor SKO 1011 (20 % position) in Medicine (Dermatology
) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at Oslo University Hospital (OUH):
The Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and infectious diseases represents an organizational and professional collaboration between the specialties rheumatology, dermatology and clinical immunology/infection. The common denominators are inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Dermatology is the largest of the three with clinical activities in outpatient and inpatient units. Oslo university hospital is the only hospital with a dermatological department in the South- East health region, and the department treats both children and adults. There are at present 12 senior consultants and 13 resident doctors in the field of dermatology at the hospital.
Short description of the position’s work tasks
- The applicant is expected to participate in routine clinical work at the department including the out-patient clinic and the on-call system of the department.
- The work tasks allocated to the present position will depend upon the position holder's clinical expertise within the department's clinical responsibilities, and the departments’ needs.
- The position holder is also expected to supervise and teach clinical fellows, junior doctors and other members of the staff, and to contribute to increase the general competence and the quality of care within the department.
- The applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at all sites within OUH.
Qualification requirements – education and relevant personal qualities
We can offer
- Norwegian specialist accreditation in dermatology and venereology
- Broad clinical experience in dermatology, preferably with in-depth experience in one of the department's clinical domains
- Comprehensive skills in clinical supervision, multiprofessional clinical work and clinical quality improvement.
- Certificate of good conduct (if needed)
- Documented language skills in Norwegian (or a compatible Scandinavian language) is required.
- The personal qualifications of the applicant, including his/hers collaborative skills, will be important.
- Communication skills at a high level towards patients and their families.
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
- Good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a University Hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialties.
- Interesting and demanding clinical work
- Work in a dynamic, friendly and highly competent environment
- Large possibilities for integration between clinical work and research
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols.
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/jobb/stillingsbeskrivelser/2018-8575%20Associate%20Professor%20Dermatology
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
Please scan and send the documents as one PDF file (maximum 10MB).
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate https://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www .med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
- For the Senior Consultant position: Jorunn Hagen Rønsen, Head of Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, OUH.
E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: 23 07 23 76
- For the Associate Professor position: Marius Trøseid, Senior Consultant and Associate Professor, Department of Rheumatology, Dermatology and Infectious Diseases, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, OUH/Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Senior Adviser Heidi Falch Ecklund, E-mail: email@example.com
, tlf. 22 85 92 27