Senior Researcher combined with Professor II in Medicine – Department of Cardiology Ullevål, Division of Medicine, Oslo University Hospital and Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo.
A permanent position as Senior Researcher and Head of Center for Clinical Heart Research, Division of Medicine, Department of Cardiology Ullevål, Oslo University Hospital is available. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Professor II SKO 8013 or associate professor SKO 1011 (20 % position) in Medicine at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Oslo University Hospital is a workplace with great diversity. We believe this is a key quality to perform the tasks required of us. Therefore, we pursue diversity also among our job applicants and encourage everyone to apply regardless of who you are and what background you have.
Duties and responsibilities
The Department of Cardiology at Oslo University Hospital Ullevål consists of an Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (13 beds), a cardiac bed ward (28 beds) accommodating a coronary care unit, a center for echocardiography, a center for arrythmias and cardiac device implantations, a section for research and development, and an outpatient clinic. The Department is one of the largest centers in Norway for primary PCI for STEMI (800 primary PCIs every year), and the largest center in Norway for cardiac device implantations and for cardiac device lead extractions. The department also hosts Center for Clinical Heart Research where the vacant position is located. Center for Clinical Heart Research, which is a core research facility at the Department of Cardiology, Ullevål, has existed for more than 25 years and includes laboratory facilities for translational research. The applicant is expected to continue activities and further develop research at the center. More information about the center at the website:
- Management and development of the research laboratory and research milieu
- Facilitate clinical and translational research
- Facilitate and implement use of biobanks
- Ensure quality of research protocols and project management at high standard
- Supervision of PhD candidates a.o.
- Financial management, including applications for financial support
- Initiate and participate in collaborations/networking with other research teams
- Make an arena for team-building in a cross-disiplinary milieu
- Internal and external lectures
- Documented education (i.e. cand.med., cand.scient. or cand.pharm. or equivalent)
- Knowledge in cardiovascular disease research and experience in translational research
- Experience in basic laboratory technology and methodology
- Experience in conducting clinical studies
- Verbal and written communication skills in Norwegian or Scandinavian language
- Good cooperation skills, engagement and flexibility
- Good working capacity
- Leadership experience
Mandatory requirements for the position
- We search for a leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who enjoy working in a busy working environment as part of a multidisciplinary team. Personal aptitude and good collaborative skills will be emphasized, and verbal and written communication skills in Norwegian or Scandinavian language is mandatory.
- More recent publications (especially the last five years) are given greater weight than older ones.
We can offer
- An inclusive and dynamic working environment
- A high level of expertise
- Well established and well-functioning schemes for the combined position
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see:
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate, https://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.odt
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 2 MB / file).
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tone Iren Tverfjell, email@example.com