Relating to the main position:
The 20% position as professor is combined with a full time (100%) position in the Department of Palliative Medicine as a senior consultant. The department runs a palliative ward with 12 beds and a palliative team. The palliative team does home visits, outpatient visits and is a consultative service for patients hospitalized on other wards at Ahus. The department provides palliative services both at Lørenskog and Kongsvinger. Ten senior consultants and approximately 30 nurses are employed. Palliative services are offered both to cancer patients and other patient groups with life-limiting diseases.
The Department currently has active research in the fields of clinical pain research, pharmacoepidemiology and end-of-life ethics.
The successful applicant will play an important role in shaping the Department’s future research profile, medical teaching, and research supervision. The appointee will be expected to develop new projects, undertake clinical treatment studies, and develop transdisciplinary and transprofessional collaboration with researchers nationally and internationally. Broad clinical and research competence and successful applications for external research funding will be important criteria in the evaluation of applicants.
Applicants must hold an MD, be a certified in a relevant clinical speciality and preferably be approved for the competence field in Palliative Medicine, have strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrate good oral and written competency of a Scandinavian language. Clinical experience must be sufficient to teach medical students in all fields of Palliative Medicine. A valid authorisation or license to practise as medical doctor in Norway is mandatory before entering the position.
Relating to the academic position:
The University position is part time (20%), but a collaborative agreement between the Hospital and University secures that a minimum of 40% of the working time will be allotted to academic work.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create an active and attractive research environment will be emphasized in the evaluation of applicants. Active research collaboration, also interdisciplinary and internationally, will be another evaluation criterion.
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation, please see:
Reference number: 2022/5170
We can offer:
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- High academic standards
- A favorable pension arrangement Advantageous welfare conditions
- An inclusive workplace
- Pay grade depending on qualifications
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text in PDF versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
More information can be found here:Information for applicants and assessment committees on appointments to academic posts as professor, associate professor, and promotion from post as associate professor to professor on qualification at the Faculty of Medicine - University of Oslo (uio.no)
For Rules for Appointments to Professorships and Associate Professorships please see: Personnel regulations for academic employees - University of Oslo (uio.no)
HR- advisor Maren Retterstøl Olaisen, Institute of Clinical Medicine (questions regarding the academic application), email:email@example.com