Two permanent positions as Senior Consultants in gastroenterology are available at Department of Gastroenterology, Division of Medicine at Oslo University Hospital. Both the positions are affiliated with part time positions as Professor II SKO 8013 /Associate Professor SKO 1011 (20 % position) in Medicine (Gastroenterology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO).
For the academic position, it is required that the position holder
attends a position at the Department of Gastroenterology. If internal applicants (applicants employed by Oslo University Hospital) are employed in the academic positions, external applicants can be employed as senior consultants without an academic position. Please state whether the application is for both positions or only the position as senior consultant.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at Oslo University Hospital:
Department of Gastroenterology covers the complete field of gastroenterology including inflammatory bowel disease, basic and advanced endoscopy, hepatology and neurogastroenterology. The department has a patient ward with 16 beds with experienced nurses, a well-equipped endoscopic unit, a large outpatient unit and daycare unit. The department has an on call system for the consultants and offers 24/7 endoscopic service. Furthermore, the department also has a unit for research and development.
The department has around 85 employees, including medical doctors, nurses, technicians, laboratory engineers and an administrative staff. For more information (in Norwegian): Gastromedisinsk avdeling - Oslo universitetssykehus (oslo-universitetssykehus.no)
- Contribute to the ordinary clinical work at the department
- The applicant is expected to participate in the on-call system of the department
- The applicant is expected to contribute to training of clinical fellows, run courses and participate in quality improvement routines
- Contribute to maintain and develop a highly qualified research environment
- The applicant must possess a Norwegian specialist accreditation in internal medicine and gastroenterology
- The applicant should have extensive experience with the patient groups seen at the department
- Strong language skills in Norwegian and English, both oral and written
- Applicant should have a strong research record, at least at a PhD-level
- High integrity and the ability to work systematic and efficiently in an interdisciplinary environment and in teams
- Ability to independently plan and implement case work and research
- Ability to handle emotional stress due to case work as well as time periods of high working load
- Personal suitability for the position is heavily emphasized
- We offer good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a university hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialities. The department continuously aims to enhance the quality of the service through recruitment of applicants with particularly valuable expertise and high academic standards
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see:
Applications for the academic part-time position must include
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions)
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate, https://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.odt
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF-files
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tone Iren Tverfjell, firstname.lastname@example.org.