Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 23 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It provides local hospital services for parts of the Oslo population. It hosts regional functions for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for a major fraction of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
The University of Oslo (UiO) is Norway's oldest research and educational institution with 28 000 students and 7 000 employees. Professional breadth and internationally recognized research environments make UiO an important contributor to society. The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1814 and is Norway's oldest medical faculty. The Faculty works for education, research and dissemination for the patients’ and society’s best interests. It is organized into three basic units and has approximately 1 500 employees (about 1 000 work years) and about 2 000 students.
A permanent full-time position (100%) as Senior Consultant is available at the Ullevål Unit in the Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, at Oslo University Hospital (OUH). The position is currently located at Ullevål hospital site, but the applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at other sites within OUH.
The position is affiliated with a part time position (20%) as Adjunct Professor or Associate Professor in Medicine (Gastrointestinal surgery) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
The Ullevål site manages benign and malignant upper gastrointestinal tract diseases, malignant colorectal surgery, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and related surgery and abdominal fistulas as their key activities. The Ullevål team is also involved in the handling of trauma in the broader context of the the Ullevål Trauma Center, and also delivers daycare surgery at the Aker hospital site.
At the Ullevål site, the department currently has 22 consultant positions, two of which are currently combined with professorships. There are 25 residents specializing in general- and gastroenterological surgery. Patient wards at Ullevål are organized in 3 units; one for colorectal surgery, one for upper gastrointestinal surgery, and one for emergency admissions. This position is part of the colorectal team at Ullevål and participates in the colorectal on-call roster
The department hosts an active research environment. The Colorectal Surgery Research Group engages in both clinical, molecular/genetic and translational research. The main research priorities are detection and validation of new diagnostic, prognostic and predictive biomarkers in colorectal cancer, and associated activities towards clinical implementation.
We seek an enthusiastic candidate with senior competence in colorectal surgery at high academic standards, who can contribute to the further development of our department in all aspects
- Contribute to routine clinical activities at the department, and participate in all aspects of treatment and follow-up of relevant patient groups.
- Participate in the on-call system of the department.
- Contribute to maintain and develop a highly qualified research environment at the department and run projects/clinical trials.
- Contribute to training of residents and quality improvement activities of the department.
- The applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at all sites within OUS.
- The applicant must possess a Norwegian specialist accreditation in gastrointestinal surgery and/ or general surgery
- The applicant should have extensive experience with the patient groups seen at the department.
- The applicant must have relevant research experience and a strong motivation to contribute to the ongoing and new research activities at the department.
- Documented language skills in Norwegian or a compatible Scandinavian language is required. Applicants must be able to teach and communicate with patients in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish.
Personal qualifications of the applicant, including documented collaborative skills, will be important.
- The applicant must be able to work efficiently and conscientious.
- The applicant must be capable of empathic communication towards patients and their families.
- We offer good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a university hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialties.
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols.
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/jobb/stillingsbeskrivelser/2021-15840%20Gastrointestinal_surgery_KIT.pdf
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Form: Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF files.
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
Contact person for the Senior Consultant position:
For the Senior Consultant Position Head of Department of Gastroenterological Surgery-Ullevål Tom Glomsaker. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or switchboard phone: 48250264.
For the Associate professor position: Head of Division Morten Tandberg Eriksen, e-mail: email@example.com
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Senior Advisor Human Resources at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Heidi Falch Ecklund, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 22859227/90730348.