Position as Senior Consultant at the Department of Acute Medicine, Akershus University Hospital, combined with Professor II/Associate Professor (20 % position) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo.
Relating to the main position:
The 20% position as professor is combined with a full time (100%) position in the Department of Acute Medicine as a senior consultant.
The Department of Acute Medicine is Norway’s largest emergency department with around 45,000 patient contacts per year and a substantial potential for conducting clinical research. The department also includes 29 observational beds for patients with an expected stay of less than 24 hours. The department has 8 consultant positions.
Consultants must have a relevant medical specialty and recent experience from working in acute medicine. The successful applicant must take part in all clinical activities in the department.
The successful applicant must hold an MD degree and fulfil the criteria required for a position as Senior Consultant at the Department of Acute Medicine.
Applicants must be fluent in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish.
Ability to create an attractive and stimulating academic environment and to attract PhD students and postdocs is essential. It is expected that the successful candidate will develop a strong research network within the department, as well as nationally and internationally, and to be able to obtain research funding from external sources.
Relating to the academic position:
The University position is part time (20%), but a collaborative agreement between the Hospital and University secures that a minimum of 40% of the working time will be allotted to academic work. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create an active and attractive research environment will be emphasized in the evaluation of applicants. Active research collaboration, also interdisciplinary and internationally, will be another evaluation criterion.
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation, please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/jobb/stillingsbeskrivelser/2020-10797-stillingsbeskrivelse-akuttmedisin.pdf
We can offer
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- A challenging and friendly working environm
- High academic standards
- A favorable pension arrangement (Statens pensjonskasse)
- Advantageous welfare conditions
- An inclusive workplace
- Pay grade depending on qualifications
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
More information can be found here: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
For Rules for Appointments to Professorships and Associate Professorships please see: http://www.uio.no/english/about/regulations/personnel/academic/
HR- Officer in charge Svetlana Trofimova, Institute of Clinical Medicine (questions regarding the academic application) Telephone: +47 22859226, E-mail: Svetlana.email@example.com
Reference number: 2020/10797