A permanent 100% position as Senior Consultant in Endocrinology is available at the Department of Endocrinology, Morbid Obesity and Preventive Medicine, Division of Medicine, Oslo University Hospital. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Adjunct Professor SKO 8013 /Associate Professor SKO 1011 (20 % position) in Medicine (Endocrinology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
The sections of Endocrinology are responsible for patient treatment at two sites within OUH, at Aker and Rikshospitalet. Section for thyroid, calcium disorders and osteoporosis as well as Section for diabetes are located at Aker. Section for Special Endocrinology is located at Rikshospitalet. Most of the clinical work is at
the outpatient clinics, but we are also responsible for evaluating and treating hospitalized patients with endocrinological problems and the applicant must accept working at all OUH’s sites as required. There are 10 Senior Consultant positions at these sections, out of which four currently are attached to professor II or associate professor (20%) positions. The vacant position is the fourth permanent academic position in the department.
The sections of Endocrinology have a substantial clinical activity and a highly active and internationally renowned research environment. The applicant is expected to take a leading position clinically as well as scientifically within one or more of the sections’ fields of expertise.
- The working tasks will be allocated according to applicant qualifications and department needs.
- The applicant must participate in the ordinary clinical work at the department
- The applicant is expected to contribute to training of clinical fellows, run courses and participate in quality improvement routines.
- The applicant is expected to participate in the on-call duty of the department.
- The applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at all sites within OUS.
- The applicant must possess a Norwegian specialist accreditation in internal medicine and endocrinology
- The applicant should have broad experience within the fields of endocrinology
- Working efficient and conscience fully
- Personal qualifications of the applicant, including documented collaborative skills, will be important.
- Patient management involves empathic communication skills at a high level towards patients and their
- Documented language skills in Norwegian or a compatible Scandinavian language is required.
Senior Consultant positions : Requirement for Norwegian specialist training in relevant specialty
We can offer
- We offer good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a university hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialties. The Department continuously aims to enhance the quality of the service through recruitment of applicants with particularly valuable expertise.
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols.
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position
Applications for the academic part-time position must include
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF files
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to
Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills:
Contact person Senior Consultant position OUH: Lene Kristine Seland, Head of Department of Endocrinology,
Morbid Obesity and Preventive Medicine, e-mail: email@example.com or phone: 47 22894000
Contact person Associate/Adjunct Professorship position Univerisity of Oslo: Jens Bollerslev, professor, Department of Endocrinology, Morbid Obesity and Preventive Medicine, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: + 47 2307 0000
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources
Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tone Tverfjell, email@example.com