A permanent 100 % position as Senior Consultant is available at the Department of Infectious Diseases, Division of Medicine, Oslo University Hospital. Department of Infectious Diseases is located at Oslo University Hospital, Ullevål.
The position is affiliated with a part time position as Adjunct Professor SKO 9301 /Associate Professor SKO 1011 (20 % position, Ref. 2019/10742) in Medicine (Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Academically the department has 3 adjunct professorships. Currently three research groups are defined: The Regional Centre for Imported and Tropical Diseases is affiliated to the Dept. with its own research group and also provides educational services on the topics. Chronic Infections Research Group (CIRG) performs translational research with observational patient cohorts and clinical interventional trials on infections with primary focus on HIV, tuberculosis, hepatitis and sepsis (http://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/english/research/groups/chronic-infectious-diseases/index.html)
The main focus of the third research group is antimicrobial resistance (AMR), working in collaboration with the UiO/OUS AMR research network. The Department provides patients quality registers (HIV, TB and hepatitis), study nurses and a research lab with skilled technician, equipment to perform immunology studies (flow cytometer, cell sorter cytometer, ELISPOT reader and ELISA) and biobank sampling and processing services.
The Department of Infectious Diseases is the most specialized ID unit in Norway. The Department accommodates a 21 bed ward with 6 low pressure isolates and a unique, highly specialized 12 bed ward that contains a modern high security isolation unit. The wards take care of patients with a complete range infectious diseases and complications, including regional function for treatment of patients with drug-resistant tuberculosis. An outpatient clinic cares for about 1,800 HIV-infected patients, as well as large volume treatment and follow-up of patients with chronic viral hepatitis C and B. The Department provides ID consultant services to other departments at the Ullevål Hospital Campus and runs an in-house microbiology lab with particular expertise in parasitology.
The clinical responsibilities will be detailed individually but comprise approx. 3 workdays per week according to the agreement between Oslo University Hospital and the University of Oslo for adjunct professorships. The activities will include
- Participation in the ordinary clinical work at the department
- Participation in the on-call duty
- Research and development integrated in the clinical activities
- Education of medical students and supervision of specialist candidates
- An inclusive and dynamic working environment.
- A high level of medical expertise
- Well established and well-functioning schemes for combined position as professor
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see:
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Description of ongoing research and plan for future research and funding activities.
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and upload the documents as PDF files
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills: http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/index.html
For the senior consultant position: Anne Maagaard, Head of Department of Infectious Diseases, Division of Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, E-mail: email@example.com -
For the associate professor or adjunct professor position: Anne Ma Dyrhol Riise, professor II, Head of Research, Department of Infectious Diseases, Oslo University Hospital. Division of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tone Tverfjell, email@example.com