The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a vacant position as Adjunct Professor or Associate Professor of Ear-, Nose- and Throat (ENT), Head and Neck Surgery. The part-time professorship (20 %) is combined with a full-time (100 %) senior consultant position at Akershus University Hospital. The hospital has ongoing research within several fields, such as clinical research, population-based health research and molecular biology research.
Relating to the main position:
The 20 % position as professor is combined with a full time (100 %) position in the ENT-Department as a senior consultant. The department consists of four units: nose with paranasal sinuses and trauma, ear surgery, sleep medicine and general ENT including Head and Neck surgery. The team at Akershus University Hospital does currently not perform oncologic head and neck surgery. Current research and innovation include the fields of Otology, Rhinology and Sleep Disordered Breathing.
The successful applicant will play an important role in developing research at the ENT-Department, as well as in teaching of medical students. The appointee will have the opportunity to develop new ideas and studies and develop collaboration with researchers nationally and internationally. Broad clinical and research competence, as well as successful applications for external research funding will be important criteria in the evaluation of applicants.
Applicants must hold an MD, be a certified specialist in ENT, speak a Scandinavian language, and have sufficient clinical experience to teach medical students broadly within the field of otorhinolaryngology.
Relating to the academic position:
The University position is part time (20 %), but a collaborative agreement between the Hospital and University secures that a minimum of 40% of the working time will be allotted to academic work.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create an active and attractive research environment will be emphasized in the evaluation of applicants. Active research collaboration, also interdisciplinary and internationally, will be another evaluation criterion.
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation, please see: https://www.med.uio.no/klinmed/om/jobb/stillingsbeskrivelser/2019-10925-stillingsbeskrivelse-ore-nese-hals.pdf
We can offer:
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- High academic standards
- A favorable pension arrangement (Statens pensjonskasse)
- Advantageous welfare conditions
- An inclusive workplace
- Pay grade depending on qualifications
Application for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate http://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form---phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
More information can be found here:
For rules for Appointments til Professorships and Associate Professorship please see:
Reference number: 2019/10925